Introducing the Product Review Coverage Report. ‘Review Coverage’ is a very important idea. The higher review coverage you have over your assets, the more conversion to sale you’ll experience. A thorough review collection gives customers several messages about your store
- You engage with customers thoroughly
- You value their opinion
- A lot of customers buy your products, across all categories and brands
- More coverage means better consumer confidence
We’ve worked on some of our data systems to bring you a coverage report that allows you to
Track how quickly you’re reaching 100% coverage with your product reviews.
It takes only 1 positive review to increase your product conversation rate in a positive direction. The additive value of these peaks at around 20-30 reviews/product. Users rarely go past the first page in product reviews, but great filters allow customers to mine reviews for the topics they care about.
With this report, you can tell
- What percentage of your product collections have reviews
- What brands, categories, or SKU’s have the most complete Coverage percentage and can help you focus on product categories that may not have enough review coverage or average products/review
- The distribution snapshot shows you how many of your products (for your brand, category or entire collection) have 0 reviews, 1-10 reviews, 10-30, etc. This allows you to see what products are at their peak conversion value, and what products are gathering enough data to run good data mining and text analytics over (40+ reviews generally can tell a good story)
Enabling Brand / Category Tracking
To enable brand and category tracking, make sure your product page RSR Script contains not only the SKU/GTIN value, but also the brand and category values. We use this to allow you to filter through your collection to gain deeper insights.
Take a look at the SKU / GTIN coverage report, part of your product reviews package.